Math Quiz
Hi 3D pupils,
21 scouts came across a river to go to an island for camping. At the river, there was a boat which could carry only 3 people at a time. How many crossings did the scouts have to make?
1st Hint: One people on the boat need to be the boatman
2nd Hint: 2 crossings = 2 scouts
Solve and post the answer under COMMENTS. Please remember to write your name.


6 Comments:
Good try to all!
From one side to another side of the island is one crossing.
The boatman needs to row the boat back to pick up 2 more scouts. This is another crossing.
Therefore, the boat travels to and fro the river will be 2 crossings.
3rd Hints:
2 crossings = 2 scouts
18 crossings = 18 scouts
Now I am still left with
21-18= 3 scouts
Try out the final answer. You can do it!
the answer is 7
I loved to go to the Singapore Discovering centre I had lots of fun there and I hope that I can go again.
i think it's 7
Final answer is 19 crossings. IZZAT got it correct! Congrats. You will be awarded a prize.
Workings:
First 2 crossings = 2 scouts
Next 18 crossings = 18 scouts
The last --> 1 crossing = 3 scouts
Total --> 21 scouts = 19 crossings
Anyone needs further explanation, please ask me in class.
It is 7.
Post a Comment
<< Home